IMG Residency Matching Strategy Session
IMG Residency Matching
As an International Medical Graduate (IMG), you have complete your training, either medical school or postgraduate residency outside of Canada or the United states. Navigating your way through medical licensing and medical certification can be extremely challenging, requiring a significant time investment and comprehensive understanding of the numerous steps involved.
For many foreign medical students and residents there is a significant amount of work and planning required to be eligible to apply to a Canadian residency or an American residency. We guide you through the entire process, tell you where to do clinical electives, help with medical observerships, select letters of reference and guide you through all of the medical licensing exams, including the NAC-OSCE (NAC Examination).
Our medical experts are practicing physicians in Canada and the United States, specializing in IMG CaRMS and IMG ERAS matching. Only the most suitable candidates are selected based on the following:
- Obtaining good scores on your Medical Council of Canada or United States Medical Licensing exams;
- Professional practice experience;
- Past performance in medical school;
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills;
- Complete and professional CaRMS and ERAS application; and
- Your interview (if selected).
IMG RESIDENCY STRATEGY SESSION
Step 1: Live Consultation: Brainstorming Session with Medical Advisor
- Comprehensive Review of ERAS and CaRMS Programs
- Comprehensive Review of IMG Match Rates
- Detailed Review of IMG Clinical Electives and Observerships
- Comprehensive Review of Leadership and Extra-Curricular Activities
Step 2: IMG Candidate Profile Review
- Comprehensive Review of Extra-Curriculars, Volunteer, Research and Letters of Recommendation
- Review of Medical Student Performance Record, Evaluation Forms and Medical School Transcripts
Step 3: ERAS and CaRMS Strategy
- As an IMG, work with your medical consultant to develop a successful residency matching strategy.
- We help you target specific residency programs and specialties in Canada and the United States
- Establish timeline for ERAS and CaRMS applications, licensing exams and matching strategy
Step 4: Medical Competencies
- Review current CV and Resume profile for even distribution of medical competencies
- Strategically seek out Research and Volunteer positions to round out ERAS and CaRMS candidate Profile
Step 5: CASPer Test for IMGs
- Learn about the CASPer assessment test for IMGs
- Plan preparation for CASPer and IMG applications
- Review experiences related to CASPer
- Work with Specialized CASPer doctors
START YOUR PREPARATION TODAY!
MedApplications™ specializes in Medical School Applications, Interviews, CASPer® and Residency Matching. Timelines vary from 2-14 business days depending on service or guarantee.
Our Application Consultants
Our Consultants specialize in your medical school application.
We work with you every step of the way as your personal medical coach. With first-hand experience as practicing medical doctors we know what it takes to achieve success in the medical school admissions process. During application crunch time, we work round the clock to ensure your application is completed to the highest of competitive standards. Find Out More About MedApplications
Our Medical Coaches pride ourselves on offering a premium service by leading physicians in medical school preparation. However, if you do not find your consultation useful, or feel that the consultant is not a great fit, you must let your consultant know at the conclusion of your first consultation or review, prior to finishing and we will contact you to arrange another complimentary session or review with a new consultant. See Terms and Conditions
Get On The Inside Track
Alyssa (May 2016)
Accepted to McMaster University & University of Ottawa Medicine
“My experience with MedApplications was fantastic! The interview seminar and manual were very instructive regarding specific topics to focus on for the interview and approaches to answering different question types…
David (May 2016)
Accepted to Western University Schulich School of Medicine
“I enrolled in a MedApplications Interview seminar one month prior to my first medical school interview opportunity. Before participating in the course, I had very little specific knowledge regarding interview format, question types, emphasis and expectations of the interviewers…
Vanessa (June 2016)
“I was accepted at Ottawa which was my ideal school and my only interview. Josh was absolutely wonderful and definitely part of my success! He was very helpful throughout the entire process :)”
Ian (May 2015)
McMaster University of Medicine
“I used the MedApplications seminar and mock interview services before I had my interviews at Queen’s and McMaster medical schools, and I couldn’t be happier with my decision…
Queen’s University Medicine
“My experience with medapplications.com was great. What I liked most about my consultant is that he always responded in time about any concerns that I had…
Liana (May 2016)
University of Western Shulich School of Medicine
“Before working with medapplications, I had a fear of interviews. I’ve had practices with friends and other students, but for some reason I wasn’t able to gain the confidence needed….
Marlene (August 2016)
University of London St. George’s College
“Hi MedApplications, just to let you know that Isabelle got an offer from University of London St. George’s College. The competition this year was quite challenging…