CaRMS Residency Matching Strategy
CaRMS Strategy Session
At MedApplications™, we specialize in residency matching in the Canadian Resident Matching Service (CaRMS). Our dedicated medical team is comprised of medical doctors representing the most competitive medical subspecialties worldwide. Through a customized applicant to medical consultant pairing process, you will work closely with a medical doctor with first-hand experience in your medical subspecialty of choice. Interested in general surgery?
The key to a successful CaRMS application is strategic planning. For many of our medical students who graduated from our MedApplications™ pre-medical program, we again support them in their 1st and 2nd year of medical school in strategically planning for CaRMS residency matching in Canada.
Similar to medical school applications, the CaRMS application requires thoughtful and targeted planning. Our diverse medical team will assist you in planning your CaRMS strategy every step of the way. Interested in a competitive CaRMS specialty? Contact us early to ensure you are on the right track.
CaRMS STRATEGY SESSION
Step 1: Live Consultation: Brainstorming Session with Medical Advisor
- Comprehensive Review of CaRMS Programs
- Comprehensive Review of Match Rates and Rank Order Lists
- Detailed Review of Clinical Elective Strategy
- Comprehensive Review of Leadership and Extra-Curricular Activities
Step 2: Candidate Profile Review
- Comprehensive Review of Extra-Curriculars, Volunteer, Research and Letters of Recommendation
- Review of Medical Student Performance Record, Evaluation Forms and Medical School Transcripts
Step 3: CaRMS Strategy
- In collaboration with your consultant, formulate a comprehensive CaRMS action plan for successful matching strategies.
- Target specific CaRMS residency programs
- Establish timeline for CaRMS applications and matching strategy
Step 4: Medical Competencies
- Review current CV and Resume profile for even distribution of medical competencies
- Strategically seek out Research and Volunteer positions to round out CaRMS candidate profile
- Gain understanding of CaRMS review process
Step 5: Strategic Planning
- Create action plan to achieve medical school acceptance at select medical schools
- Incorporate learned content into augmenting CV/Resume
- Revise pre-requisite courses, scholarship applications and studentships
START YOUR PREPARATION TODAY!
MedApplications™ specializes in Medical School Applications, Interviews, CASPer® and Residency Matching. Timelines vary from 2-14 business days depending on service or guarantee.
Our Application Consultants
Our Consultants specialize in your medical school application.
We work with you every step of the way as your personal medical coach. With first-hand experience as practicing medical doctors we know what it takes to achieve success in the medical school admissions process. During application crunch time, we work round the clock to ensure your application is completed to the highest of competitive standards. Find Out More About MedApplications
Our Medical Coaches pride ourselves on offering a premium service by leading physicians in medical school preparation. However, if you do not find your consultation useful, or feel that the consultant is not a great fit, you must let your consultant know at the conclusion of your first consultation or review, prior to finishing and we will contact you to arrange another complimentary session or review with a new consultant. See Terms and Conditions
Get On The Inside Track
Alyssa (May 2016)
Accepted to McMaster University & University of Ottawa Medicine
“My experience with MedApplications was fantastic! The interview seminar and manual were very instructive regarding specific topics to focus on for the interview and approaches to answering different question types…
David (May 2016)
Accepted to Western University Schulich School of Medicine
“I enrolled in a MedApplications Interview seminar one month prior to my first medical school interview opportunity. Before participating in the course, I had very little specific knowledge regarding interview format, question types, emphasis and expectations of the interviewers…
Vanessa (June 2016)
“I was accepted at Ottawa which was my ideal school and my only interview. Josh was absolutely wonderful and definitely part of my success! He was very helpful throughout the entire process :)”
Ian (May 2015)
McMaster University of Medicine
“I used the MedApplications seminar and mock interview services before I had my interviews at Queen’s and McMaster medical schools, and I couldn’t be happier with my decision…
Queen’s University Medicine
“My experience with medapplications.com was great. What I liked most about my consultant is that he always responded in time about any concerns that I had…
Liana (May 2016)
University of Western Shulich School of Medicine
“Before working with medapplications, I had a fear of interviews. I’ve had practices with friends and other students, but for some reason I wasn’t able to gain the confidence needed….
Marlene (August 2016)
University of London St. George’s College
“Hi MedApplications, just to let you know that Isabelle got an offer from University of London St. George’s College. The competition this year was quite challenging…