CASPer Strategy Session
Computer-based Assessment for Sampling Personal Characteristics
CASPer® was initially designed at McMaster Michael de Groote School of Medicine as an alternative online method of assessment to evaluate medical candidates in real time. By increasing the medical admissions committee’s scope of candidate assessment, a high CASPer® score is essential at securing a medical school interview.
MedApplications™ CASPer Session
Having the confidence, speed, preparation and practice in a simulated CASPer® environment with expert feedback is critical to being competitive in the CASPer® process. Through one-on-one CASPer® preparation sessions, we prepare you to successfully handle even the most challenging of CASPer® scenarios.
CASPer STRATEGY SESSION
Step 1:Review of CASPer® Core Competencies
- In collaboration with your consultant, identify core medical competencies and how they relate to your candidate profile.
- Review the MedApplications™ CASPer® Manual, Core Objectives, Preparation Strategy and CASPer® Preparation Timeline
- Identify areas of improvement, CASPer goals and performance objectives.
- Review prior CASPer performances and pre-identified areas for improvements.
- Understand evidence behind CASPer development and its use in medical candidate evaluation.
Step 2: Review the MedApplications™ evidence-based approach to common high yield CASPer® scenarios
- In collaboration with your consultant, review our CASPer® strategy to successfully navigating basic, intermediate and advanced CASPer® scenarios.
Step 3: Review the following core CASPer® topics:
- Medical and Non-Medical Ethical Dilemmas, Medical Legal, Politics and Societal Issues
- Current Events in Medicine
- Healthcare Models and Solutions
- Communication Skills, Public Speaking and Actor Interactions
- Personal Questions Advanced
Step 4: CASPer® Practice
- Run through a few sample CASPer® scenarios with your consultant and begin to incorporate learned skills from the CASPer® Strategy Session
Step 5: Additional Strategy Sessions or CASPer® Simulations
- Candidates who have completed an introductory CASPer® strategy session can enroll in additional live consultations to perfect their CASPer® approach and build confidence to different CASPer® simulations globally. (Learn More)
- Candidates who feel they have the core foundation to begin practice sessions can enroll in Mock CASPer® Tests and CASPer® Simulations with Feedback to put their skills to the test. (Learn More)
START YOUR PREPARATION TODAY!
Total Timeframe 2-4 Business Days* (Note, all CASPer® strategy sessions and CASPer® simulations are unique and are scheduled on an individual basis. Rush services available if required. Timing of individual sessions also depend on client’s availability. Our medical coaches will advise if additional preparation sessions are indicated for a successful result).
Our Application Consultants
Our Consultants specialize in your medical school application.
We work with you every step of the way as your personal medical coach. With first-hand experience as practicing medical doctors we know what it takes to achieve success in the medical school admissions process. During application crunch time, we work round the clock to ensure your application is completed to the highest of competitive standards. Find Out More About MedApplications
Our Medical Coaches pride ourselves on offering a premium service by leading physicians in medical school preparation. However, if you do not find your consultation useful, or feel that the consultant is not a great fit, you must let your consultant know at the conclusion of your first consultation or review, prior to finishing and we will contact you to arrange another complimentary session or review with a new consultant. See Terms and Conditions
Get On The Inside Track
Alyssa (May 2016)
Accepted to McMaster University & University of Ottawa Medicine
“My experience with MedApplications was fantastic! The interview seminar and manual were very instructive regarding specific topics to focus on for the interview and approaches to answering different question types…
David (May 2016)
Accepted to Western University Schulich School of Medicine
“I enrolled in a MedApplications Interview seminar one month prior to my first medical school interview opportunity. Before participating in the course, I had very little specific knowledge regarding interview format, question types, emphasis and expectations of the interviewers…
Vanessa (June 2016)
“I was accepted at Ottawa which was my ideal school and my only interview. Josh was absolutely wonderful and definitely part of my success! He was very helpful throughout the entire process :)”
Ian (May 2015)
McMaster University of Medicine
“I used the MedApplications seminar and mock interview services before I had my interviews at Queen’s and McMaster medical schools, and I couldn’t be happier with my decision…
Queen’s University Medicine
“My experience with medapplications.com was great. What I liked most about my consultant is that he always responded in time about any concerns that I had…
Liana (May 2016)
University of Western Shulich School of Medicine
“Before working with medapplications, I had a fear of interviews. I’ve had practices with friends and other students, but for some reason I wasn’t able to gain the confidence needed….
Marlene (August 2016)
University of London St. George’s College
“Hi MedApplications, just to let you know that Isabelle got an offer from University of London St. George’s College. The competition this year was quite challenging…