CASPer Strategy Session
Computer-based Assessment for Sampling Personal Characteristics
CASPer® was initially designed at McMaster Michael de Groote School of Medicine as an alternative online method of assessment to evaluate medical candidates in real time. By increasing the medical admissions committee’s scope of candidate assessment, a high CASPer® score is essential at securing a medical school interview.
MedApplications™ CASPer Session
Having the confidence, speed, preparation and practice in a simulated CASPer® environment with expert feedback is critical to being competitive in the CASPer® process. Through one-on-one CASPer® preparation sessions, we prepare you to successfully handle even the most challenging of CASPer® scenarios.
CASPer STRATEGY SESSION
Step 1:Review of CASPer® Core Competencies
- In collaboration with your consultant, identify core medical competencies and how they relate to your candidate profile.
- Review the MedApplications™ CASPer® Manual, Core Objectives, Preparation Strategy and CASPer® Preparation Timeline
- Identify areas of improvement, CASPer goals and performance objectives.
- Review prior CASPer performances and pre-identified areas for improvements.
- Understand evidence behind CASPer development and its use in medical candidate evaluation.
Step 2: Review the MedApplications™ evidence-based approach to common high yield CASPer® scenarios
- In collaboration with your consultant, review our CASPer® strategy to successfully navigating basic, intermediate and advanced CASPer® scenarios.
Step 3: Review the following core CASPer® topics:
- Medical and Non-Medical Ethical Dilemmas, Medical Legal, Politics and Societal Issues
- Current Events in Medicine
- Healthcare Models and Solutions
- Communication Skills, Public Speaking and Actor Interactions
- Personal Questions Advanced
Step 4: CASPer® Practice
- Run through a few sample CASPer® scenarios with your consultant and begin to incorporate learned skills from the CASPer® Strategy Session
Step 5: Additional Strategy Sessions or CASPer® Simulations
- Candidates who have completed an introductory CASPer® strategy session can enroll in additional live consultations to perfect their CASPer® approach and build confidence to different CASPer® simulations globally. (Learn More)
- Candidates who feel they have the core foundation to begin practice sessions can enroll in Mock CASPer® Tests and CASPer® Simulations with Feedback to put their skills to the test. (Learn More)
START YOUR PREPARATION TODAY!
Total Timeframe 2-4 Business Days* (Note, all CASPer® strategy sessions and CASPer® simulations are unique and are scheduled on an individual basis. Rush services available if required. Timing of individual sessions also depend on client’s availability. Our medical coaches will advise if additional preparation sessions are indicated for a successful result).
Our Application Consultants
Our Consultants specialize in your medical school application.
We work with you every step of the way as your personal medical coach. With first-hand experience as practicing medical doctors we know what it takes to achieve success in the medical school admissions process. During application crunch time, we work round the clock to ensure your application is completed to the highest of competitive standards. Find Out More About MedApplications
Our Medical Coaches pride ourselves on offering a premium service by leading physicians in medical school preparation. However, if you do not find your consultation useful, or feel that the consultant is not a great fit, you must let your consultant know at the conclusion of your first consultation or review, prior to finishing and we will contact you to arrange another complimentary session or review with a new consultant. See Terms and Conditions
McGill Medicine (MD)
"MedApplications helped me with both my essay preparation which brought me to the big interview and with interview preparation. MedApplication's services provided me with not only an insight of how to tailor an application to bring out the best of my ability but it also gave me the confidence I needed to survive the MMIs.
Accepted to UWO Medicine (MD/PhD)
"I enrolled with Med Applications one month before my first interview. I had been preparing for interviews by reading books and discussing questions with friends and family, but I was still nervous and didn’t really know what to expect. I felt so much more comfortable after my session with MedApplications. My instructor was very knowledgeable and catered the session to what I needed work on (as I had both panel and MMI interviews, this was particularly beneficial). It was very useful to cover topics with someone who knew what to expect from an interview and could comment on the quality of my answers. All together the experience was extremely helpful and very reassuring; it significantly calmed my nerves during my interviews. There weren’t any questions I was surprised by in my interviews. I would definitely recommend a session for future students."
O uf T, UBC, McMaster
"I used MedApplications mock interview service because I wanted to practice and receive feedback from a current medical student. I found the mock interview helpful in identifying weaknesses in my answers and improving on them to make them stand out. I would recommend MedApplications to anyone who wants extra preparation to gain confidence for medical school interviews."
U of A
"I went into my first MedApplications session without a clue about what MMI's were or how to prepare for them. After meeting and practising with Eric and Kent, however, I learned all of the tips and skills I needed to ace the interview. They were incredibly knowledgeable and encouraging and their help gave me that extra boost of confidence on interview day. Thanks MedApplications!"
University of Ottawa Medicine
“I was accepted at Ottawa which was my ideal school and my only interview. Josh was absolutely wonderful and definitely part of my success! He was very helpful throughout the entire process 🙂
Mother of a High School student for a Pre-Med program
"Hi MedApplications, just to let you know that Isabelle got an offer from University of London St. George’s College. The competition this year was quite challenging. We would like to thank you and Sarah for your contribution to this achievement. Your services are excellent. Please count us among satisfied clients.”
McMaster University Medicine
"I used the MedApplications seminar and mock interview services before I had my interviews at Queen's and McMaster medical schools, and I couldn't be happier with my decision. Their seminars were incredibly helpful in providing information about the interview process and ways to truly emphasize your best qualities in an interview. Their mock interview session was great as well as it gave me an opportunity to practice my interviewing style with a current medical student! If you are looking for a way to prepare for an interview as important as the ones for medical school, I would definitely recommend MedApplications."