Selection Factors & Academic Criteria
Laurentian University / Lakehead University
The number of year one positions available for 2016/17 is 64 which includes a minimum of 2 designated positions available to Aboriginal students.
The 64 positions are allocated to two campuses: Lakehead University (28) and Laurentian University (36). Candidates who are invited for an interview will be asked to indicate their preferred campus. There is no guarantee that all students will be offered a seat at their preferred site.
Canadian citizens/permanent residents may apply.
Selection will favour those who are likely to thrive in the challenging northern and rural learning environments, including applicants from within Northern Ontario, rural and remote areas in the rest of Canada and Aboriginal and Francophone applicants.
The MCAT is not required.
While there are no course requirements, the school values applicants who present evidence of a broad undergraduate education. Applicants with majors in science will be expected to have completed at least two full-course equivalents in arts, social sciences and/or humanities within their degree programs, while applicants pursuing majors in arts, social sciences and/or humanities will be expected to have completed at least two full-course equivalents in science within their degree program.
- Aboriginal applicants may apply through the Aboriginal Admissions Stream; however, all minimum requirements must be met.
- Not considered (except under extenuating circumstances)
- Not considered due to the distributed nature of the curriculum, all NOSM students must complete all four years of the program.
- These take place in March and April, 2017. For the September, 2016 entering class there were 317 applicants interviewed.
Offers of Admission:
- Offers are mailed on May 9, 2017. A acceptance deposit of $1,000 must be received in order to secure the position. The deposit will be deducted from the tuition fee.
- Not available
- See OMSAS section.
Office of Admissions, Cumming School of Medicine,
University of Calgary, 3330 Hospital Drive NW,
Calgary AB T2N 4N1
Adapted from AFMC 2017 Admissions Requirement- MedApplications (Parria Educational Services Inc.) takes no responsibility for the data published. It is the sole responsibility of each user to verify the published information with the official institutional resources.