April 6, 2017
Selection Factors & Academic Criteria
The number of year one positions available in 2018/19 is 203: 147 positions in the Hamilton campus; 28 positions in the Waterloo Regional Campus; and 28 positions in the Niagara Regional Campus.
All applicants invited to the MMI (Multiple Mini Interview) will be asked to rank their site choice or indicate no preference. Offer of admission will be made from the master rank list irrespective of geographical preference. Subsequent to filling the positions, registrants will be offered a position based on their preference and geographical background. The offer of admission will be binding to a specific site.
Canadian citizens/permanent residents or visa students may apply. Three years (30 credits) of university is required. The minimum acceptable grade point average is 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. The mean grade point average of successful applicants in 2017/18 was 3.84.
The MCAT is required – only the Verbal Reasoning score (a minimum score of 6 is required) or Critical Analysis and Reasoning score (a minimum score of 123 is required) is used in the selection process. The test must have been taken within five years of the application deadline. The most recent MCAT score is used in all cases.
There are no prerequisite courses.
Michael G. DeGroote School Of Medicine
2018/19 New Admissions Into Year One: 203
2018/19 First-Year Tuition:
- Canadian Residents: $27,922
- Québec Residents: $27,922 (Québec Schools Only)
- Visa Students: $95,000
- Compulsory Fees: $972
- Foreign Students: $95,000 (Above Quota Contract)
- Length Of Program : 3 years
- Language Of Instruction : English
- Testing of Language Proficiency : Yes
- Computer : Required
- Aboriginal applicants must self-identify and must meet minimum requirements. Applicants are reviewed by a separate committee.
- Not considered
- McMaster uses the MMI – interviews are held in Hamilton in late March/early April annually. Only in-person interviews are offered. From the 552 candidates interviewed, 203 are offered a position in the program.
Offers of Admission:
- Results are sent by email on the second Tuesday in May. For those receiving and accepting an offer of admission, a non-refundable deposit of $1,000 must be received in order to secure the position. This is applied to first year tuition.
- Application is done through the Ontario Medical School Application Services website at www.ouac.on.ca/omsas. This opens in early July and applications must be submitted by 4:30 ET on October 1st.
To Request An Application Or More Detailed Information:
See OMSAS section.
For More Detailed Information:
McMaster University MD Admissions, 1280 Main Street West MDCL-3104,
Hamilton ON L8S 4K1
Tel: 905-525-9140 (ext. 22235)
Adapted from AFMC 2017 Admissions Requirement- MedApplications (Parria Educational Services Inc.) takes no responsibility for the data published. It is the sole responsibility of each user to verify the published information with the official institutional resources.