January 25, 2020
Memorial University Medical School: Selection Factors
Memorial University Of Newfoundland
The number of year one positions available for 2018/19 is 80 which includes 3 positions available to Aboriginal students who are residents of Newfoundland and Labrador. The 80 positions included 60 residents of Newfoundland and Labrador, 10 residents of New Brunswick, 4 residents of Prince Edward Island, and 1 resident of the Yukon; the rest of the seats are for the rest of the provinces in Canada and Non/Canadian.
A Bachelor’s degree is required at the time of admission. In exceptional circumstances, an application may be considered when a Bachelor’s degree will not be held at the time of admission. Such an applicant will have completed at least 60 credit hours at a recognized university or university college before admission and have work-related or other experience acceptable to the Admissions Committee.
The mean grade point average of successful applicants in 2017/18 was 3.85 on a 4.0 scale. The MCAT is required and it is recommended that the test be written within the five year period prior to application.
Memorial University Medical School
- What are the medical school requirements for Memorial University Medical School
- What is the MCAT cutoff for Memorial University Medical School
- What is the GPA cutoff for Memorial University Medical School
- Memorial University Medical School Application
- Memorial University Medical School Interview
- Length Of Program : 4 years
- Language Of Instruction : English
- Testing of Language Proficiency : No
- Computer : Personal not required
- 2016/17 New Admissions Into Year One: 80
- Canadian Residents: $10,250
- Québec Residents: $0 (Québec Schools Only)
- Visa Students: $30,000
- Compulsory Fees: $1,300
- Foreign Students: $0 (Above Quota Contract)
2018/19 First-Year Tuition:
MUN Medical School: Academic Criteria:
- Not usually considered but maybe in rare circumstances from a Canadian medical faculty.
- Traditional and Multiple Mini Interviews (TaMMI) and a Situational Judgement Test (SJT) is offered. These take place on November 03, 2018, for the August 2019 entering class. For the 2018 entering class, there were 143 Newfoundland/Labrador residents interviewed and 109 other residents of Canada interviewed for a total of 252 applicants interviewed.
Offers of Admission:
- Offers are emailed and followed by regular mail between February and May. A $200 acceptance deposit is required and will be credited towards the tuition fee. The deposit will be forfeited if the applicant subsequently declines the offer.
- MD/Ph.D. Students have to be admitted to the first-year medical program and then may be considered.
- An electronic application process is available in July 2018. The deadline for receipt of the application and fee of $75 to Memorial University of Newfoundland, as well as an application service fee of $156.75 (plus applicable taxes) to CaRMS at the time of application is September 12, 2018.
Committee on Admissions
Admissions Office, Faculty of Medicine, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Medical Education Centre, Room 2M202, St. John’s NL, A1B 3V6
Tel: 1-855-633-9800 or 709-864-6328
Ace your MMI Interview!
Enroll with our MMI physician-led program and receive in-depth coaching sessions, mock interviews and more.
Packages start at $395