MPI Strategy Session
Modified Personal Interview Strategy
The MPI interview is one of the most important elements of your medical school admissions profile. The MPI medical school interview has become the standard format for medical school admissions at the University of Toronto, and succeeding in the MPI requires a skillset unlike any other interview format. Having the confidence, preparation and practice in a simulated environment with expert feedback is critical to being competitive in the MPI interview process. Through one-on-one or group simulated MPI preparation sessions, we prepare you to successfully handle even the most challenging of MPI interviews. We teach you how to navigate medical interview themes, in addition to tackling difficult personal medical interview questions.
MedApplications™ Interview Readiness
Our Interview Process
Our medical advisors adopt an evidence-based strategy to teach you how to successfully approach common MPI scenarios. Interviewers evaluate your thought process, general approach and poise. Through our training program, you will learn how to successfully navigate even the most complicated of MPI stations, stay on time and confidently impress your evaluator.
MPI STRATEGY SESSION
Step 1: Review of MPI Core Competencies and MPI Preparation Manual
- In collaboration with your consultant, identify core medical competencies and how they relate to your candidate profile.
- Review the MedApplications™ MPI Manual, Core Objectives, Preparation Strategy and Interview Preparation Timeline
- Review your OMSAS Application, UofT Supplementary Questions and Autobiographical Sketch.
- Create an MPI Interview Strategy outline to plan your interview preparation
Step 2: Review the MedApplications™ evidence-based approach to common high yield MPI scenarios
- In collaboration with your consultant, review our MPI strategy to successfully navigating basic, intermediate and advanced MPI stations.
Step 3: Review the following core MPI interview topics:
- Medical Ethical Dilemmas, Medical Legal
- Current Events in Medicine
- Healthcare Models and Solutions
- Communication Skills
- Personal Questions Advanced
Step 4: MPI Practice
- Run through a few sample MPI scenarios with your consultant and begin to incorporate learned skills from the MPI Strategy Session
Step 5: Additional Strategy Sessions or Mock Interviews
- Candidates who have completed an introductory strategy session can enroll in additional live consultations to perfect their MPI approach and build confidence to different MPI interviews globally. (Learn More)
- Candidates who feel they have the core foundation to begin practice sessions can enroll in MPI Mock Interviews with Feedback to put their skills to the test. (Learn More)
START YOUR INTERVIEW TODAY!
Total Timeframe 2-4 Business Days* (Note, all strategy sessions and mock interviews are unique and are scheduled on an individual basis. Rush services available if required. Timing of individual sessions also depend on client’s availability and interview style. Our medical coaches will advise if additional preparation sessions are indicated for a successful result).
Our Application Consultants
Our Consultants specialize in your medical school application.
We work with you every step of the way as your personal medical coach. With first-hand experience as practicing medical doctors we know what it takes to achieve success in the medical school admissions process. During application crunch time, we work round the clock to ensure your application is completed to the highest of competitive standards. Find Out More About MedApplications
Our Medical Coaches pride ourselves on offering a premium service by leading physicians in medical school preparation. However, if you do not find your consultation useful, or feel that the consultant is not a great fit, you must let your consultant know at the conclusion of your first consultation or review, prior to finishing and we will contact you to arrange another complimentary session or review with a new consultant. See Terms and Conditions
Get On The Inside Track
Alyssa (May 2016)
Accepted to McMaster University & University of Ottawa Medicine
“My experience with MedApplications was fantastic! The interview seminar and manual were very instructive regarding specific topics to focus on for the interview and approaches to answering different question types…
David (May 2016)
Accepted to Western University Schulich School of Medicine
“I enrolled in a MedApplications Interview seminar one month prior to my first medical school interview opportunity. Before participating in the course, I had very little specific knowledge regarding interview format, question types, emphasis and expectations of the interviewers…
Vanessa (June 2016)
“I was accepted at Ottawa which was my ideal school and my only interview. Josh was absolutely wonderful and definitely part of my success! He was very helpful throughout the entire process :)”
Ian (May 2015)
McMaster University of Medicine
“I used the MedApplications seminar and mock interview services before I had my interviews at Queen’s and McMaster medical schools, and I couldn’t be happier with my decision…
Queen’s University Medicine
“My experience with medapplications.com was great. What I liked most about my consultant is that he always responded in time about any concerns that I had…
Liana (May 2016)
University of Western Shulich School of Medicine
“Before working with medapplications, I had a fear of interviews. I’ve had practices with friends and other students, but for some reason I wasn’t able to gain the confidence needed….
Marlene (August 2016)
University of London St. George’s College
“Hi MedApplications, just to let you know that Isabelle got an offer from University of London St. George’s College. The competition this year was quite challenging…