Panel Strategy Session
Panel Interview Strategy
The medical school Panel interview is the most important element of your medical school admissions profile in Canada, the United States and Internationally for medical schools using this common interview style. The panel medical school interview is a traditional interview format, still used by many medical schools globally in several variations. Succeeding in the panel medical school interview requires a personable skillset to connect with interviewers on a competitive level. Having the confidence, preparation and practice in a simulated environment with expert feedback is critical to being competitive in the medical school panel interview process. Through one-on-one panel preparation sessions, we prepare you to successfully handle even the most challenging of panel interviews.
MedApplications™ Interview Readiness
Our Interview Process
Our medical advisors adopt an evidence-based strategy to teach you how to successfully approach common medical school interview questions. Interviewers evaluate your thought process, general approach and poise. Through our training program, you will learn how to successfully navigate even the most complicated of panel interviews, stay on time and confidently impress your evaluator.
PANEL STRATEGY SESSION
Step 1: Review of PANEL Core Competencies and PANEL Preparation Manual
- In collaboration with your consultant, identify core medical competencies and how they relate to your candidate profile.
- Review the MedApplications™ PANEL Manual, Core Objectives, Preparation Strategy and Interview Preparation Timeline
- Review your submitted medical school applications for content, experiences and accomplishments.
- Review key objectives and mission statements to medical programs in which you are applying to.
- Develop understanding of why certain medical interview questions are asked.
Step 2: Review the MedApplications™ evidence-based approach to common high yield PANEL scenarios
- In collaboration with your consultant, review our PANEL strategy to successfully navigating basic, intermediate and advanced PANEL questions.
Step 3: Review the following core PANEL interview topics:
- Medical Ethical Dilemmas, Medical Legal
- Current Events in Medicine
- Healthcare Models and Solutions
- Communication Skills and Actor Interactions
- Personal Questions Advanced
Step 4: PANEL Practice
- Run through a few sample PANEL scenarios with your consultant and begin to incorporate learned skills from the PANEL Strategy Session
Step 5: Additional Strategy Sessions or Mock Interviews
- Candidates who have completed an introductory strategy session can enroll in additional live consultations to perfect their PANEL approach and build confidence to different PANEL interviews globally. (Learn More)
- Candidates who feel they have the core foundation to begin practice sessions can enroll in PANEL Mock Interviews with Feedback to put their skills to the test. (Learn More)
START YOUR INTERVIEW TODAY!
Total Timeframe 2-4 Business Days* (Note, all strategy sessions and mock interviews are unique and are scheduled on an individual basis. Rush services available if required. Timing of individual sessions also depend on client’s availability and interview style. Our medical coaches will advise if additional preparation sessions are indicated for a successful result).
Our Application Consultants
Our Consultants specialize in your medical school application.
We work with you every step of the way as your personal medical coach. With first-hand experience as practicing medical doctors we know what it takes to achieve success in the medical school admissions process. During application crunch time, we work round the clock to ensure your application is completed to the highest of competitive standards. Find Out More About MedApplications
Our Medical Coaches pride ourselves on offering a premium service by leading physicians in medical school preparation. However, if you do not find your consultation useful, or feel that the consultant is not a great fit, you must let your consultant know at the conclusion of your first consultation or review, prior to finishing and we will contact you to arrange another complimentary session or review with a new consultant. See Terms and Conditions
Get On The Inside Track
Alyssa (May 2016)
Accepted to McMaster University & University of Ottawa Medicine
“My experience with MedApplications was fantastic! The interview seminar and manual were very instructive regarding specific topics to focus on for the interview and approaches to answering different question types…
David (May 2016)
Accepted to Western University Schulich School of Medicine
“I enrolled in a MedApplications Interview seminar one month prior to my first medical school interview opportunity. Before participating in the course, I had very little specific knowledge regarding interview format, question types, emphasis and expectations of the interviewers…
Vanessa (June 2016)
“I was accepted at Ottawa which was my ideal school and my only interview. Josh was absolutely wonderful and definitely part of my success! He was very helpful throughout the entire process :)”
Ian (May 2015)
McMaster University of Medicine
“I used the MedApplications seminar and mock interview services before I had my interviews at Queen’s and McMaster medical schools, and I couldn’t be happier with my decision…
Queen’s University Medicine
“My experience with medapplications.com was great. What I liked most about my consultant is that he always responded in time about any concerns that I had…
Liana (May 2016)
University of Western Shulich School of Medicine
“Before working with medapplications, I had a fear of interviews. I’ve had practices with friends and other students, but for some reason I wasn’t able to gain the confidence needed….
Marlene (August 2016)
University of London St. George’s College
“Hi MedApplications, just to let you know that Isabelle got an offer from University of London St. George’s College. The competition this year was quite challenging…