January 25, 2020
Queen’s School of Medicine: Selection Factors
Queen’s School of Medicine: The number of year one positions available for 2018/19 is 100 for Canadian citizens or permanent residents which includes up to 4 positions available to Aboriginal students. Up to 5 additional positions are available for international students.
Three years of full-time university are required.
Applicants are assessed based on the cumulative converted grade point average (see the OMSAS Conversion Scale) of all years of undergraduate study, including summer and supplemental courses. For applicants who do not meet the minimum grade point average requirement, the most recent two full-time years of completed undergraduate study will be considered. The grade point averages fluctuate annually based on the applicant pool. Past minimum grade point average levels are not a predictor of future standards.
The MCAT is required and the test must have been taken within five years of the application submission. Queen’s School of Medicine no longer accepts the Old MCAT test scores
Faculty of Medicine
2018/19 New Admissions Into Year One: 100
100 + 5 International Students
2018/19 First-Year Tuition:
- Canadian Residents: $27,503
- Québec Residents: $0 (Québec Schools Only)
- Visa Students: $82,100
- Compulsory Fees: $1,277
- Foreign Students: $82,100 (Above Quota Contract)
- Length Of Program : 4 years
- Language Of Instruction : English
- Testing of Language Proficiency : Not for Canadian citizens or permanent resident applicants. International applicants whose native languages do not include English will be required to obtain satisfactory standing in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) proficiency test as part of the application process, and before final acceptance is granted.
- Computer : A laptop is required
Queen’s School of Medicine – Academic Criteria:
- Applies to Aboriginal applicants.
- Not considered
- Both MMI and Panel interviews. These take place on MD/Ph.D. – January 25, 2019, and MD – March 2nd, 3rd, 23rd, 24th 2019.
Offers of Admission:
- The offer is emailed on May 14, 2019. A non-refundable acceptance deposit of $1050 must be received in order to secure the position. The deposit will be deducted from the tuition fee.
- May be considered on an individual basis
- See the OMSAS section.
To Request An Application Or More Detailed Information:
See the OMSAS section.
For more detailed information please go to:http://meds.queensu.ca/education/undergraduate/prospective_students
or email email@example.com
Adapted from AFMC 2017 Admissions Requirement- MedApplications takes no responsibility for the data published. It is the sole responsibility of each user to verify the published information with the official institutional resources.
Ace your NAC OSCE!
Enroll with our leading NAC OSCE programming led by experienced Canadian doctors. As of now we full expect the NAC OSCE to occur in September 2020. WE will closely follow any updates from the Medical Council of Canada
Programming starts at $395