University Of Ottawa
The projected number of year one positions available for 2016/17 is 164 which includes up to 7 positions available to Indigenous students and up to 4 positions available to students in the MD/PhD program; plus 8 positions available through the Consortium National de Formation en Santé.
Canadian citizens/permanent residents may apply.
Three years full-time university studies leading to a Bachelor’s degree is required.
The minimum acceptable grade point average is 3.5 on a 4.0 scale. The weighted grade point average of successful applicants in 2015/16 was 3.93.
The MCAT is required.
Prerequisite courses include the equivalent of one full year course in general biology (with laboratory) and one full year course in humanities/social sciences and the equivalent of two full year courses in the following chemistries – general chemistry (with laboratory), organic chemistry (with laboratory) and/or biochemistry (without laboratory).
- Indigenous applicants: Required minimum weighted grade point average is set at a lower cut-off for advancement in the selection process.
- Considered under exceptional circumstances only
- Considered under special conditions
- These take place in February – March, 2017. Approximately 575 applicants are interviewed.
Offers of Admission:
- Offers are e-mailed starting on May 9, 2017 until the class is complete. A deposit of $1,000 must be received with a final acceptance and will be deducted from the tuition fee.
- See OMSAS section.
Admissions, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa,
451 Smyth Road Room 2044, Ottawa ON K1H 8M5
Adapted from AFMC 2017 Admissions Requirement- MedApplications (Parria Educational Services Inc.) takes no responsibility for the data published. It is the sole responsibility of each user to verify the published information with the official institutional resources.