April 6, 2017
University Of Ottawa
The projected number of year one positions available for 2018/19 is 166 which includes up to 7 positions available to Indigenous students and up to 4 positions available to students in the MD/PhD program; plus 8 positions available through the Consortium National health training and 2 through the Military Medical Program.
Canadian citizens/permanent residents may apply.
Three years full-time university studies leading to a Bachelor’s degree is required.
The minimum acceptable grade point average is 3.5 on a 4.0 scale. The weighted grade point average of successful applicants in 2017/18 was 3.94.
The MCAT is not required.
The CASPer test is required.
Prerequisite courses include the equivalent of one full year course in general biology (with laboratory) and one full year course in humanities/social sciences and the equivalent of two full year courses in the following chemistries – general chemistry (with laboratory), organic chemistry (with laboratory) and/or biochemistry (without laboratory). A minimum grade of B (CEGEP equivalent 70%) must be obtained in pre-requisite courses for a candidate to be considered for admission.
University Of Ottawa
Faculty Of Medicine
2018/19 New Admissions Into Year One: 166
Plus 8 above-quota positions available through the Consortium National Health Training and 2 through the Military Training Program.
2018/19 First-Year Tuition:
- Canadian Residents: $28,319
- Québec Residents: $28,319 (Québec Schools Only)
- Visa Students: $0
- Compulsory Fees: $1,168
- Foreign Students: $0 (Above Quota Contract
- Length Of Program : 4 years
- Language Of Instruction : English & French
- Testing of Language Proficiency : If needed
- Computer : Personal required
Tuition fees are the same for all students regardless of their geographical status, as we do not admit international students.
- Indigenous applicants: Required minimum weighted grade point average is set at a lower cut-off for advancement in the selection process.
- Considered under exceptional circumstances only
- Please refer to the policy on student transfers: https://med.uottawa.ca/undergraduate/admissions/application-process/offers-admission
- These take place in February – March, 2019. Approximately 575 applicants are interviewed.
Offers of Admission:
- Offers are e-mailed starting on the second Tuesday in May until the class is complete. A deposit of $1,000 must be received with a final acceptance and will be deducted from the tuition fee.
- See OMSAS section.
Admissions, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa,
451 Smyth Road Room 2044, Ottawa ON K1H 8M5
Adapted from AFMC 2017 Admissions Requirement- MedApplications (Parria Educational Services Inc.) takes no responsibility for the data published. It is the sole responsibility of each user to verify the published information with the official institutional resources.