Selection Factors & Academic Criteria
The number of year one positions available for entry in 2017 is 171: 133 in London and 38 at the Windsor campus. Students are assigned to the campus of their preference based on their rank. Once the preferred campus is filled, students are assigned in rank order to the remaining seats. In 2016/17, the 171 positions include up to 3 positions available to Indigenous applicants, a maximum of 3 positions available to applicants to the MD/PhD program, and up to 1 position available to applicants to the oral maxillofacial surgery program.
Canadian citizens/permanent residents may apply.
The minimum acceptable grade point average in each of two years of the undergraduate degree was 3.70 on a 4.0 scale for the 2016 entering class.
Currently the MCAT is required and the test must have been taken within five years prior to the application deadline. Effective July 1st 2017 for admission in September 2018, all applicants must have written the MCAT test introduced in April 2015. Test scores from the previous version of the MCAT will no longer be valid. MCAT cut offs vary from year to year and are dependent on the competitiveness of the applicant pool. There are no prerequisite courses.
Please note that the admission policy is reviewed annually and the admission requirements from previous years may not apply. The University reserves the right to review and change the admission requirements at any time, with out notice.
- Applies to applicants who have indicated on their application that they are from designated communities in Southwestern Ontario and from Indigenous communities.
- Considered only on the basis of appeal to applicants who have progressed through the regular admission cycle and have received an offer of admission. Individuals requesting deferred admission must submit a request in writing to the Admissions Office.
- Consideration is restricted to Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada currently enrolled in a Canadian faculty of medicine. Applicants considering transfer must contact the Admissions Office.
- These take place on March 4, 5 and March 25, 26 in 2017. For the September 2016 entering class there were 427 applicants interviewed
Offers of Admission:
- Offers are electronically mailed on May 9, 2017. A tuition deposit of $1,000 must be received in order to secure the position. The deposit will be deducted from the tuition fee.
- MD/PhD (Western University only), Oral Maxillofacial Surgery (MD/MSc)
- See OMSAS section.
To Request An Application Or More Detailed Information:
See OMSAS section.
For More Detailed Information:
Admissions, Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, Western University,
Health Sciences Addition H103, 1151 Richmond St.,
London, ON, N6A 5C1
E-Mail: [email protected]
Adapted from AFMC 2017 Admissions Requirement- MedApplications (Parria Educational Services Inc.) takes no responsibility for the data published. It is the sole responsibility of each user to verify the published information with the official institutional resources.