June 26, 2018
Students from North America and other non-European Union (EU) countries can submit their medical school application in Ireland via the Atlantic Bridge program.
Every year, more than 300 students enroll in Irish medical schools via the Atlantic Bridge program. Since its creation in 1989, more than 3,500 students have completed their medical training in Ireland.
The Atlantic Bridge program streamlines the application process. With a request and a set of supporting documents (transcripts, letters of reference, etc.), students can submit a medical school application to the six Irish medical schools, as well as to the Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland – Medical University of Bahrain.
Ireland is renowned for its high academic standards and for providing world-class medical education. The six Irish medical schools are the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (RCSI), Trinity College Dublin (TCD), University College Cork (UCC), University College Dublin (UCD) and the National University of Ireland. Ireland. Galway.
Medical School Application Tips
- Follow the application instructions exactly. Take the time to read the instructions that came with your application.
- Type your application. Admissions committees must read and review many applications each year. Make your medical school application easy to read, and you’ll gain favor with them. You can complete your application on your computer using Adobe Reader.
- Choose people who know you well to write your letters of recommendation. At least one of your letters must come from an academic. Do your best to get at least a reference from a teacher or science or math teacher.
- Address your letters. Letters should be addressed to the “Admissions Committee” and should not contain any reference to any particular school.
- Your academic referee (s) should comment:
- Your intellectual qualities.
- How do you compare with the other students they taught?
- Your classroom performance and exams.
- If he or she believes that your academic performance reflects your true ability.
- Why does he or she think you will be able to handle the rigors of a medical, dental, pharmacy or physiotherapy program?
- Your referees should try to include the following information in their letters:
- Your first name and last name.
- The capacity in which they know you.
- Notes on outstanding achievements, contributions, attributes they have observed in you.
- Details of your communication skills (oral and written, if applicable).
- Your interests, your future plans and their connection to your desire to pursue careers in the health professions
- Letters must be sent directly by your referees to Atlantic Bridge.
- Letters must be prepared on letterhead and signed by the author.
- We recommend that you give notice to your referee as many students may request referrals.
- Please ask your respondents to send their letters directly to email@example.com.
- Letters can also be faxed or sent by regular mail.
Med School Requirements
Entry into five- or six-year programs will depend on your educational background, including the courses you have taken and your level of achievement. In addition, standardized exams that you may have taken may be very relevant, eg. IB candidates with advanced chemistry are generally considered for 5-year programs.
Applicants with one or more years of college/university are generally considered for 5-year programs.
In addition, many applicants who have obtained their undergraduate degree apply to 5-year programs (where MCAT is not required) at the National University of Ireland, Galway, Trinity College Dublin and Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland – Medical University of Bahrain.
To be eligible for the Grade 4 program, students must have completed their undergraduate program prior to entry in September and must have completed the MCAT.
- Financial aid. North American students attending medical schools generally use available financial assistance to cover the costs of their training.
- Financial aid for US students. US students are eligible for direct federal loans and PLUS up to a participation fee each year.
- Financial Assistance for Students in Canada. Students in Canada can use a student line of credit for professional students and the Canada Student Loans Program.
Are you interested in Acing your MMI Interview?
Work with our MMI physicians today through in-depth coaching sessions and mock interviews
Contact our team today.