January 25, 2020
The anticipated number of first-year positions available in 2016/17 is 183 of which up to 2 positions are available for visa students, up to 10 positions are available for Canadian citizens/permanent residents residing outside Québec, but in Canada and up to 2 positions are available for students admitted to the joint Medicine and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (MD-OMFS) program. The remaining 169 positions are available for residents of Québec and are distributed among university-level applicants (including up to 3 positions for nontraditional pathways students) and students who have successfully completed the MED-P year. An additional 4 positions (maximum quota distributed among the four Québec faculties of medicine) are available to eligible First Nations and Inuit applicants who are residents of Québec.
Canadian citizens/permanent residents or visa students may apply.
A 4 year Bachelor degree (120 credits) is required at time of admission. Cumulative grade point averages (CGPA) of at least 3.5 on a 4.0 scale are considered to be within the competitive range. The average cumulative grade point average of all applicants in 2015/16 was approximately 3.69 and the average CGPA of applicants invited to interview was 3.83.
The MCAT is required for all applicants who hold undergraduate degrees from non-Canadian universities. Results must be available by the application deadline. Overall scores of 30 or greater are considered competitive. Test results older than five years before the application deadline will not be considered. The admissions office will also be accepting scores for the new 2015 exam.
Prerequisite courses include a full year with laboratory work in each of general biology, general chemistry and general physics; one semester with laboratory work in organic chemistry. Courses in physiology, biochemistry, cellular and molecular biology and statistics are recommended. Pass/fail grades are not acceptable and basic science courses completed more than 8 years ago must be repeated. Exception may be made for applicants with advanced degrees in the material concerned. Prerequisite courses in progress must be completed and grades submitted by January 15, 2017.
Faculty of Medicine
2016/17 New Admissions Into Year One: 183
At time of admission, first year quota positions may increase due to attrition.
2016/17 First-Year Tuition:
- Canadian Residents: $15,178
- Québec Residents: $4,889 (Québec Schools Only)
- Visa Students: $37,396
- Compulsory Fees: $2,170
- Foreign Students: $0 (Above Quota Contract)
- Length Of Program : 4 years
- Language Of Instruction : English
- Testing of Language Proficiency : No
- Computer : Personal required
- First Year: 15177.96 + 2170.12 = 17348.08
- Second Year: 11925.54 + 2078.11 = 14003.64
- Third Year: 12286.92 + 2079.44 = 14366.36
- Fourth Year: 8552.66 + 1777.54 = 10330.20
- First Year: 4888.80 + 2170.12 = 7058.92
- Second Year: 3841.20 + 2078.11 = 5919.30
- Third Year: 3957.60 + 2079.44 = 6037.04
- Fourth Year: 2754.80 + 1777.54 = 4532.34
- First Year: 37396.17 + 3018.12 = 40414.29
- Second Year: 29382.71 + 2926.11 = 32308.81
- Third Year: 30273.09 + 2927.44 = 33200.53
- Fourth Year: 21072.45 + 2625.54 = 23697.98
Visa students are subject to additional health insurance fees.
Tuition fees are the same for all students regardless of their geographical status, as we do not admit international students.
- May be given to applicants with extenuating circumstances upon formal request and First Nations/Inuit applicants who are residents of Québec.
- One-year deferral requests will be considered.
- Not considered
- Mandatory on-site Multiple Mini-Interviews (MMI) take place in winter 2017 for all applicants. For the 2015/16 year, there were 316 university-level Québec residents interviewed, 46 residents of Canada (outside Quebec) interviewed and 13 international residents interviewed for a total of 375 applicants interviewed for the MD-CM or joint programs.
Offers of Admission:
- Offers are sent via e-mail and posted on the electronic application system in early May 2017. A $500 non-refundable deposit is required, applicable towards tuition.
- MD-CM/MBA, MD-CM/PhD, MD-CM/OMFS
- An electronic application process is available starting September 1, 2016 with a fee of $144.37 payable upon completion. The deadline for receipt of the application is November 2, 2016 and all supporting documents must be received no later than November 2, 2016.
Office of Admissions, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University,
1010 Sherbrooke Street West, Suite 1210, Montréal QC H3A 2R7
Adapted from AFMC 2017 Admissions Requirement- MedApplications (Parria Educational Services Inc.) takes no responsibility for the data published. It is the sole responsibility of each user to verify the published information with the official institutional resources.
Ace your MMI Interview!
Enroll with our MMI physician-led program and receive in-depth coaching sessions, mock interviews and more.
Packages start at $395