January 25, 2020
The expected number of available spots for 2019 is 71 students. Only residents of Quebec who are Canadian citizens/permanent residents and are currently enrolled in their final year at a Québec CÉGEP science program may apply.
A CÉGEP Diplôme d’études collégiales (DEC) is compulsory at the time of admission. The average cote de rendement collégiale (CRC) in 2018 was 37.25 but the suggested CRC is 34.0. At this time, the MCAT is not required. Prerequisite courses from the CÉGEP program in Health Sciences include:
- One organic chemistry course
2018/19 New Admissions to Year One: 71p>New Admissions into MED-P
2016/17 First-Year Tuition:
- Canadian Residents: $0
- Québec Residents: $2,456 (Québec Schools Only)
- Visa Students: $0
- Compulsory Fees: $1,862
- Foreign Students: $0 (Above Quota Contract)
- Program Length : 1 preparatory year followed by 4 years MD-CM
- Language of Instruction : French
- Language Proficiency Test : No
- Personal Computer Required: Yes
MED-P Tuition: The preparatory year program fees are those of the Faculty of Science in which the student is registered for this year. Upon successful completion of the prep year, the student will be admitted to the MD-CM program in the Faculty of Medicine.
Preparatory year cost: $2,455.50 tuition, $1,862.20 other compulsory fees.
- May be given to applicants that can prove extenuating circumstances upon formal request.
- Mandatory on site Multiple Mini-Interviews (MMI) will be taking place in April 2019. In 2018, 273 applicants were interviewed. Interviews can be in English or French based on the applicant’s choice at time of application.
Offers of Admission:
- Offers are sent via e-mail and posted on the electronic application system in spring 2019. A $400 non-refundable deposit is required, applicable towards tuition.
- An electronic application process is available starting September 1, 2018 with a fee of $154.56 payable upon completion.
- The deadline for receipt of the application, including supporting documents, is March 1, 2019
For more information about admissions, contact the department directly:
c/o Office of Admissions
McGill University – Faculty of Medicine
1010 Sherbrooke Street West, Suite 1210
Montréal QC H3A 2R7
Adapted from AFMC 2017 Admissions Requirement. MedApplications (Parria Educational Services Inc.) takes no responsibility for the data published. It is the sole responsibility of each web user to verify that the published information is valid with the official institutional resources.
Ace your MMI Interview!
Enroll with our MMI physician-led program and receive in-depth coaching sessions, mock interviews and more.
Packages start at $395