April 7, 2017
Selection Factors & Academic Criteria
University Of Manitoba
The number of Year One positions available for 2018/19 is 110. Approximately ninety-five percent (95%) will be filled by residents of Manitoba.
Aboriginal applicants who self-identify are reviewed by a separate committee. These applicants must meet minimum eligibility requirements and submit documentation to support their declaration of Aboriginal ancestry.All applicants will be evaluated in a variety of domains including a connection to, and involvement with, rural communities and advanced academic pursuits.
Applicants must be a Canadian citizen/permanent resident at the time of application.
A Bachelor’s degree of three (3) or four (4) years is required at time of admission.
The minimum acceptable adjusted grade point average is 3.3 on a 4.5 scale. In general, an adjusted grade point average of 4.0 or higher will be competitive.
The MCAT is required. Eligible applicants must have scored a minimum of seven (7) in each of the Verbal Reasoning (VR), Physical Sciences (PS) and Biological Sciences (BS) sub-tests, in a single session. In general, applicants must achieve an operative MCAT score of over ten (10) to be competitive. There are currently no minimums or weighting for the MCAT 2015.
Prerequisite courses include a minimum of six (6) credit hours of university level biochemistry. Applicants must also complete courses in humanities/social sciences. Applicants who complete a BSc (General) or BA (General) must complete eighteen (18) credit hours in humanities/social sciences. Applicants who complete a four (4) year Major or Honours program may waive up to twelve (12) credit hours of humanities/social sciences.
University Of Manitoba
Max Rady College of Medicine
2018/19 New Admissions Into Year One: 110
2018/19 First-Year Tuition:
- Canadian Residents: $9,021
- Québec Residents: $0 (Québec Schools Only)
- Visa Students: $0
- Compulsory Fees: $1,397
- Foreign Students: $0 (Above Quota Contract)
- Length Of Program : 4 years
- Language Of Instruction : English
- Testing of Language Proficiency : Yes
- Computer : Students would benefit from owning/having access to a personal computer or laptop
- Tuition fees for Year 1 medicine – 9,021.94
- Fees for years 2, 3 and 4 were $8,645.44.
- A multiple mini interview (MMI) format is used. These take place in February and/or March. For the August, 2018 entering class there were two hundred and thirty two (232) Manitoba residents interviewed, twenty-two (22) Aboriginal Applicants interviewd, and twenty-five (25) other residents of Canada interviewed for a total of two hundred and seventy nine (289) applicants.
Offers of Admission:
- Offers are e-mailed on May 15,2019. A $500 non-refundable acceptance deposit is required.
- MD/BSc Med, MD/PhD
- An electronic application process will be available in August 2016. The application deadline is October 1, 2018 and the fee is $90.
To Request An Application Or More Detailed Information:
Admissions, Max Rady College of Medicine,
University of Manitoba, S204, 750 Bannatyne Ave,
Winnipeg MB R3E 0W2
Adapted from AFMC 2017 Admissions Requirement- MedApplications (Parria Educational Services Inc.) takes no responsibility for the data published. It is the sole responsibility of each user to verify the published information with the official institutional resources.