January 25, 2020
International Medical Graduates
The United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE®) is a three-step examination for medical licensure in the United States. This is a mandatory examination for American Medical Students, Canadian Medical Students and International Medical Graduates, prior to practicing medicine in the United States of America. The USMLE® is sponsored by the Federation of State Medical Boards (FSMB) and the National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME).
United States Medical Licensing Examination
The USMLE Step 2 CK examination assesses the application of medical knowledge, skills and understanding of clinical science to the patient setting. The USMLE Step 2 CK emphasizes health promotion and disease prevention. The foundation of safe and competent medical practice is the central focus of the USMLE Step 2 CK examination. Step 2 CK uses an integrated content outline that organizes clinical science material along two dimensions: physician task and disease category.
USLME Step 2 CK
- Step 2 CK is a one-day examination.
- The USMLE Step 2 CK is divided into eight 60-minute blocks, administered in one 9-hour testing session.
- Test item formats may vary within each block. The number of items in a block will be displayed at the beginning of each block. This number will vary among blocks, but will not exceed 40 items.
- The total number of items on the overall examination form will not exceed 318 items.
- On the test day, examinees have a minimum of 45 minutes of break time and a 15- minute optional tutorial.
- The amount of time available for breaks may be increased by finishing a block of test items or the optional tutorial before the allotted time expires.
- Test questions are classified in one of 18 major areas, depending on whether they focus on concepts and principles that are important across organ systems or within individual organ systems.
- USMLE Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (Step 2 CK) consists of multiple-choice questions prepared by examination committees representing diverse fields in medicine.
Ace your MMI Interview!
Enroll with our MMI physician-led program and receive in-depth coaching sessions, mock interviews and more.
Packages start at $395