January 25, 2020
International Medical Graduates
The United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE®) is a three-step examination for medical licensure in the United States. This is a mandatory examination for American Medical Students, Canadian Medical Students and International Medical Graduates, prior to practicing medicine in the United States of America. The USMLE® is sponsored by the Federation of State Medical Boards (FSMB) and the National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME).
United States Medical Licensing Examination
The USMLE Step 2 CK examination assesses the application of medical knowledge, skills and understanding of clinical science to the patient setting. The USMLE Step 2 CK emphasizes health promotion and disease prevention. The foundation of safe and competent medical practice is the central focus of the USMLE Step 2 CK examination. Step 2 CK uses an integrated content outline that organizes clinical science material along two dimensions: physician task and disease category.
USLME Step 2 CK
- Step 2 CK is a one-day examination.
- The USMLE Step 2 CK is divided into eight 60-minute blocks, administered in one 9-hour testing session.
- Test item formats may vary within each block. The number of items in a block will be displayed at the beginning of each block. This number will vary among blocks, but will not exceed 40 items.
- The total number of items on the overall examination form will not exceed 318 items.
- On the test day, examinees have a minimum of 45 minutes of break time and a 15- minute optional tutorial.
- The amount of time available for breaks may be increased by finishing a block of test items or the optional tutorial before the allotted time expires.
- Test questions are classified in one of 18 major areas, depending on whether they focus on concepts and principles that are important across organ systems or within individual organ systems.
- USMLE Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (Step 2 CK) consists of multiple-choice questions prepared by examination committees representing diverse fields in medicine.
Ace your NAC OSCE!
Enroll with our leading NAC OSCE programming led by experienced Canadian doctors. As of now we full expect the NAC OSCE to occur in September 2020. WE will closely follow any updates from the Medical Council of Canada
Programming starts at $395